Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I've been tagged, (whatever this means)

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
1. I love thunderstorms...I love to see everything washed & brilliantly green after wards.
2. I love the fact I don't sleep much these days. I like to get up before dawn & see the sunrise. I love the morning quiet & mist over the pasture. About 2 nights a week of sleeping like a rock is sufficient. Moms learn not to love sleep, just embrace the interruptions. (Although I think it is contributing to more wrinkles...., aaahhh well. So what.)
3. I have been miraculously married for almost 18yrs. to Ron. I can't tell you how much of a hothead I was when I first married. I got fixed in the counseling office. I come from a multiple divorced home & needed a new Biblical perspective. I find I can keep my frustration level down if I concentrate on MY sins, instead of his annoying ones. (mine aren't, ya know :-)
4. I have this burning desire to be a part of a real revival movement, whether it be persecution or revival. Just something besides the norm. I can't stand the thought that I might not be a part of a magnificent movement of the Lord, but if not, hallelujah, I'll have to get over it.
5. I love meeting new people & finding out where they stand. I'm often too curious.
6. I live to evangelize. If I don't get a good dose of it at least every now & then, I get depressed for me, which is basically a little grouchy. I wish the Lord would use me more, but maybe I'm not good & ready. I feel it is my gift. I want to be busy about my Father's business and help people find the Light I enjoy. Mostly the last few years, it has been at home with the children. They can't get that in public school, "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom."
7. I absolutely love spring! I love the growth of spring & detest the deadness of winter. I love the hope of things to come, whether it be planting this, that, or the other, or getting something else improved around the farm. And the new, warm nights with the crickets singing.
I love spring cleaning & de-cluttering, although you can't tell it around my house. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I didn't try to stay on top of it. Heaven will be spring, winter is here looking through a glass darkly.
8. I love to sit outside on a full moon nights & commune with God, although I don't do it enough.
9. I feel bad I was such a perfectionist parent with my eldest, but am very thankful God has given me grace to chill out to be a better mom with each consecutive child. The more I have, the better I get. Truly, women are saved in childbearing.
10. I love turbo.... too much. I don't think the video games of race car driving gives a healthy concept of driving for young kids. I think I was negatively affected by it. If I had a hobby, I would like to be a race car driver. I'm not saying this is a good thing, just an adrenaline rush.
11. Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
12. I am a cheapskate, but am too cheap to get the Cheapskate Gazette. I think it stems from a perspective of "I don't need it & it isn't worth that."
13. I like to be continuously spiritually challenged. I hate mediocrity & stagnation.
14. My favorite colors are forest green, midnight blue, & maroon (blood red)....I love rich, deep colors, but not to decorate with, only color with.
15. I am earthy when it comes to decorating...I like things made out of nature. Usually, however, Ron's decorating trumps mine. He is a sanguine choleric.
16. I'm unusually amazed at the juice pods of grapefruits & oranges. I love this amazing creativity of God. I also to look at the texture of bananas. Garlic bulbs are beautiful, with the wispy, papery wrappers, & the 'wrappers' of pecans, pineapples, and coconuts were a stroke of His genius. (Better than shrink wrap for freshness) I mean, would you have thought of such things? It is cause for worship. Variety is the spice of life. Speaking of which, I take pictures of my Cincinnati chili spices. All of them in a bowl, unstirred yet, make a beautiful palette. They are so different & contrasting. Look up the recipe, it takes about 10 different spices; it is a favorite dish of the children.
17. I'm usually aware of the gift of sight & mobility God graciously gives everyday. I love to see the stars on a dark night in the country, the full moon with mist over the pasture, and the sun setting behind my childrens' hair. I try to burn images in my mind that I treasure to see just in case I go blind one day. Weird, I know.
18. I've struggled for years to be compassionate. Finally, 'he who has suffered in the flesh is done with sin' & I've been given a decent measure of it. I've usually felt like you just need to suck it up & go on.
19. I abhor shopping for anything over $10. Why should I pay more when I could get something BNWT or very comparable at my Pontotoc Salvation Army, (as opposed to the Tupelo or New Albany ones that only put out junk.) God knows what I NEED & He'll let it cross my path if He wants me to have it. God just blesses me sometimes with high ticket items. (My mom got me a $1,100 leather sofa for $150)
20. I can't wait to die to be with Jesus, (not my mother, cousin, aunt, or whoever makes it before me). Phil 1:20. I want to go out with a bang, however, like martyrdom, not a plain death of dying in my sleep. I have my preference, but God knows what His plan is for me. I would like to be counted worthy for this, but not for my glory, but to inspire others to suffer for Him. He is totally worth dying for."Fear not those who can kill the body, but He that has the power to cast your soul into hell."
21. I kinda would like to go back to the Caribbean. My dad took me when I was nine & I loved the clear water & white sand. Not a priority at all, just if the Lord ever let me go again, it'd be nice.
22. I hate getting distracted by the TV. I think there is always something else to be doing, whether it be cleaning or changing the world by downloading theology into your brain so you can be salty, or contemplating my next blog post, or praying. I'm hoping facebook will have redemptive value in spurring one another on to good works & not become an unproductive branch in my life. I think it is an atrocious crime to be spiritually lazy if you are a Christian. What else are you here for? What other purpose do you serve? Sitting before worthless & un-redemptive entertainment? NOT!!!
23. I abhor most all sports, especially spectator sports. Volleyball is fun. I'm finding I'm beginning to enjoy sorta running. Meagan is pushing me. I always thought I hated it, but I feel great doing it & I need aerobic exercise in my life, not just busyness, before I need to fill out an application to be on "The Biggest Loser."
24. I don't like teasing, if you want to be mean, don't make a joke of it. Repent, and say something that edifies, instead of tearing down, devouring one another.
25.I love groovy praise music & dancing to it with the kids. Sorry, CCC, the hymns don't fit this category. The Union with Christ section is worth all the dull music because they are easy tunes to sing by myself when I'm thrown in jail one day for my un PC views. Music is fun with pep & a piano only can't accomplish this. I am passionate about music, I really enjoy it. I guess I need to be more thankful for my hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment