Tuesday, March 23, 2010

EULOGY

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless.
All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.
But better than both
is he who has not yet been,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.
I say that a stillborn child is better off.. It comes without meaning, it departs in darkness, and in darkness its name is shrouded. Though it never saw the sun or knew anything.
The day of death is better than the day of birth.
It is better to go to a house of mourning
than to go to a house of feasting,
for death is the destiny of every man;
the living should take this to heart.
Sorrow is better than laughter,
because a sad face is good for the heart.
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.
When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one
as well as the other.
ECCLESIASTES 3....-7..
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27
LORD, make me to know my end
And what is the extent of my days;
Let me know how transient I am.
"Behold, You have made my days as hand breadths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight;
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. Selah.
"Surely every man walks about as a phantom;
With reproofs You chasten a man for iniquity;
You consume as a moth what is precious to him;
Surely every man is a mere breath. Selah.
"Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry;
Do not be silent at my tears;
I have become mute, I do not open my mouth,
Because it is You who have done it.
Psalm 39

No comments:

Post a Comment