Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Broken things

You can have my heart
Though it isn't new
It's been used & broken
& only comes in blue.
It's been down a long road
And it got dirty on the way
If I give it to you
Will you make it clean & wash the shame
away?
You can have my heart, if you don't mind broken things
You can have my life, if you don't mind these tears.
Well, I heard that you make old things new
So I give these pieces all to you
If you want it, you can have
My heart.
So beyond repair
Nothing I could do
Tried to fix it myself but it was only worse when I got through.
Then You walked right into my darkness
And You speak words so safe.
Hold me like a child
Til my frozen tears fell at Your feet.
You can have my heart, if You don't mind broken things
You can have my life, if You don't mind these tears.
Well, I heard that You make old things new,
So I give these pieces all to You.
If You want it You can have
My heart.
Julie Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment