Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here is a few verses that our pastor's wife read at our prayer meeting last Wed., which was awesome by the way, I 'felt' the Lord's Spirit when the first person prayed as well as throughout the prayer meeting. (I know, I know, tmi for some of you Baptists. I DON'T WANT to get over some of my charismatic-ness. It IS in the Bible, ya know..) It is so great to join in prayer & to know other saints in this intimate way.
The last 2 verses are especially beautiful in the middle of the judgment that was unleashed upon God's people. On the rendezous' link there is a sermon link to one awesome sermon by our sermonator pastor (God save him from pride! He has ample reason to be) about God still being God in the middle of devastating judgment. http://christchurchnewalbany.org/Sermons?series=all&page=3 Its the Habakkuk sermon on Sept. 23.
Habakkuk 3 16 I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.
17 Though the fig-tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour. 19The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment