Tuesday, June 1, 2010

more randomness

Is Matt Miller on fb? naahh...
Macrae had had enough
Lots of great theological discussions go on around this campfire.

Hannah with a freshly gathered batch of the medicinal herb, yarrow.
Some of it's uses are for arthritis,
colds & flu, hemorrhage, ect.
Our first batch of snap beans are in! June 1st!
Shocking, because it's so early! Planting the garden the first week of April should help out with my time of birth. Maybe I'll be good & finished with the garden, so I can possibly nest for Ivy's arrival. I love getting a jump on things & it just so happened we didn't have a mid-late cold snap in April to foil my plans. We racked up about 9 quarts with this first batch. The butter beans will be in next week!
A zinnia color besides orange & pink. This one is salmon.
And finally, my favorite, a red cactus zinnia!

3 comments:

  1. Actually, Mr. Trey was on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Dad was the one who was taking pictures of mom and she was trying to ignore the camera. And yes, those trees are in our yard on the east side, so the sun rises right behind them. That makes for really good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Homestead Blessings make all their candles with beeswax. I've been talking bees for the last couple of years. Jordan is thinking about it....I need a good source for honey and beeswax.. We won't have beans until much later. My first planting got washed away.

    ReplyDelete