Sunday, May 22, 2011

Walking on Cloud 9

Knowing the way I truly enjoy farm stuff (blessings that sometimes happen in the midst of the chaotic head aches) one might think it is one of the awesome things that have happened around here on the farm lately that makes me walk on cloud 9. There would be plenty of reason. First of all a couple weeks ago, the first night of Mr. Roberts coming, Neo informed me we had a feral bee colony in my bedroom eaves! Wild bees! We find them three weeks before our package bees come in. If we fail with the domestic ones, we have the real McCoy's in my bedroom eaves. I feel so blessed! :-D :-D :-D

Another small blessing I'm excited about is that same week on Thurs., our cows decided that grass was greener on the other side of the channel. On another man's land. Ron decides he'll deal with it later & goes on to kick boxing. We get an out of the blue email from the man who owns the land (whom we don't know & I guess he found us on the net) that our cows are laying in his farmer's wheat that is ready for harvest. The next day it rains. Just about all the mommas have calves on their sides, so they're not coming back across that full rushing channel. It all becomes a big head ache as Ron has to disassemble the corral & move it to the other man's land, re-assemble, & try to coax them into it. Of course only a few fall for it. So Sunday morning he & Cory are up at 5am before church trying to load them up to bring them home, but they can't be found anywhere. They search for 2 hours. Finally after walking all over the back 40, they give up & come home to be greeted by our dear cows who are lazily enjoying their neglected pastures. On the trip to gather the corrals, Ron discovers a semi-rare herb we had in abundance in our pastures a couple years ago, but it all died. When Macrae was a baby he had croup that Hannah cured in 3 days with an herb poultice mainly made of this herb. It was sorely missed this past winter. So we were able to dig up a few plants to transplant over here. Oh, I do love seeing these. It's called mullein and it is tall & fuzzy. Yeah, that was a real blessing. I have a new appreciation for botany because of Hannah's herbal interests. Road side 'weeds' are not the same anymore & I might look like a drunk driver scanning the sides for some rare treasure of a find.
So here is my, to borrow an expression from another culture of people, 'shot in the arm.' (In my case I guess it would be a B12 shot.)
After the Friday night young people's meeting with Mr. Roberts,
I am greeted by Ruth loudly singing this song Saturday morning.


Yeah, that was a real cloud 9 experience for a mom. Hope.
Maybe God will save the seeds of His servant's womb.
At our church we don't believe in what I call the 'magic formula prayer.' You know, say these 4 lines & you got your 'fire insurance' from hell, no matter how you live.


My eldest Hannah, in a ripe wheat field.

(Is she 'ripe?')

Dear Ruth & Neo
Macrae has a new haircut!!
My 'little me', Hallel

That 'tweet baby!! Ivy Colleen
That is Ruth's hand on the side of her head, not her ear ;)
Oh, PRECIOUS gummy grins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment