Saturday, September 25, 2010

The night owl vs. the morning lark


My little night owl. She is awed by the flash. This is 1 am entertainment for one tired momma.


We have a 'war' going on every evening around our house. No matter what, we try to wake Ivy around 5pm so she'll be ready to go to sleep at a decent hour in her crib. All my other babies have had a fussy time around 5 in the afternoon, but Ivy's seems to be around 10 -1 am. It's always been my goal to make it to bed around 9, but that usually doesn't work. I *used* to be in the bed by 10 or at the latest, 10:30. Sometimes when I was pregnant I fell out around 8:30pm.

You may ask who is winning the bedtime wars. Honestly, Ivy is. I think she sort of quit fighting around 1:30am this morning, but was back at it 20 minutes later when she started fussing about being on her back in the crib. I had mercy on Ron who had to be up at 4:30 am to go to the farmer's market in Hernando, so she won & I scooped her up into the bed with us.
The flash from photo booth on the computer keeps her entertained.
She has destroyed my routine of getting up early in the mornings for time in prayer & in the word. Normally this would wreak havoc on my peace, but I do have some word stored up in my heart & can commune with God in prayer during the day in between my trying to catch up with so many of the things I'm trying to do to keep my head above water. The children are on the computer all day & into the night doing home school, so they're not much help around the house. Just a season that will pass. It is good to have faith & trust in His righteousness & not my works. "Jesus, I am resting, resting" is a song on my heart for my emotional state, definitely not the physical state! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment